RYNAN offers our customers ways to recycle/dispose end-of-life devices through very convenient channels and incentive E-waste Collection Schemes.
What is E-Waste?
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), whole, in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are end-of-life or are intended to be discarded, are known as Electronic Waste or E-waste.
E-waste can be considered as a resource that contains useful material of economic benefit for recovery of plastics, iron, glass, aluminium, copper and precious metals such as silver, gold, platinum, and palladium.
E-waste cannot be discarded in a normal household waste stream and its disposal is governed through E-Waste Management Rules, 2016. These rules apply to all listed electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), including Printers, sold in market in India, including their components and consumables which are part of the product at the time of discarding.
Hazards of Improper Handling & Disposal of E-Waste
Improper handling and disposal of e-waste releases organic pollutants including heavy metals like lead, cadmium, beryllium and even mercury into the environment which can affect human lungs as they contaminate the air.
Dumping and improper disposal in landfills results in soil pollution which directly enters the food chain and poses a serious threat to human health.
Illegal burning of e-waste releases poisonous gases including carbon dioxide and Sulphur dioxide leading to air pollution and directly depleting the ozone layer of our atmosphere.
Recovering precious metals through illegal methods such as acid bath releases e-waste contaminants into the water stream. Water can carry these contaminants for thousands of miles thus harming the ecosystem along its way.
Policy on management & disposal of E-waste
RYNAN Technologies India ensures that it meets all the requirements of E-waste Management rules, 2016. The Company leverages its reverse logistics through an efficient PAN India network of regional collection points. An effective reverse logistics mechanism ensures that unnecessary transportation costs are avoided while at the same time carbon emissions are reduced and air quality is improved.
As part of its social responsibility and approach towards Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), RYNAN Technologies India is committed to improving the recyclability of its products and meets strict RoHS compliance requirements as per directives of Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEF).
Company offers the following ways to recycle/dispose end-of-life devices through very convenient channels and incentive schemes. These schemes are also referred to as E-waste Collection Schemes.
- Buyback Scheme: The Company offers to buyback, from its customers, the end of life electronic devices for a fair scrap/ buyback value. Scrap value is determined upon physical evaluation of the end-of-life device. Customers are advised to preserve the original bill/ invoice of purchase to claim the buyback amount.
- Exchange Scheme: Customers can exchange their end-of-life devices (printers/ copiers) of any brand to get attractive exchange discounts on a wide range of new printers that our Company offers.
- For further information on our initiatives on E-waste Management and our Collection Schemes, consumers can call our toll free helpline 1800-121-9575 between 10 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday.
Adherence to RoHS Standards
RYNAN Technologies India is fully compliant on RoHS provisions covered under E-Waste Management Rules, 2016, of the Government of India. All RYNAN Technologies India products comply with the requirements of RoHS and prohibit use of lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls or polybrominated diphenyl ethers in concentrations exceeding 0.1 % by weight and 0.01 % by weight for Cadmium, except for the exemptions set in Schedule II of the said rules.
Handling & Disposal of E-waste (Do’s & Don’ts)
- Always preserve the carton of a new electronic device (printer/ copier) so that it can be used to safely pack the device when it has run its course and is end-of-life.
- Do not dispose-off end-of-life electronic devices along with your regular household waste. Electronic waste is not meant for landfills designated for general household/ biodegradable waste.
- Do not drain your printer/ cartridge ink in your household drain pipe.
- Make sure to keep broken/ leaking printers out of reach of children. Also, ensure to wash your hands properly after handling E-Waste.
- To prevent accidental breakage, make sure that you do not keep end-of-life gadgets under pressure of any heavy object.
- To return your end-of-life electronic device dial our Toll-Free Helpline Number 1800-121-9575 to schedule a pickup call.
Why do we need to recycle electronic devices?
- Conservation of Resources: Manufacturing requires raw material, which in turn comes from mining of precious natural resources. When we recycle an end-of-life product in an authorized and organized environment, we not only reproduce resources from extraction from dead devices, we also contribute towards reducing the mining of fresh natural resources. This leads to conservation of natural resources.
- Saves Energy: Recycling reduces the overall manufacturing cycle of the product since the enormous amount of energy spent on mining of fresh resources, their transportation and refining is prevented. Rather we get resources that have already gone through the refining cycle and are ready for consumption in the production cycle again.
- Lesser Landfilling & Prevention of Pollution: End-of-life electronic devices if dumped into landfills can cause havoc with the ecosystem and severely harm the environment leading to air, water and soil pollution. Safely recycled E-waste on the other hand prevents such pollution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is recycling/ safe disposal of Electronic waste important?
Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) contain hazardous substances such as lead, mercury, chromium, PBR etc. Therefore, when E-waste is disposed-off through regular household trash, it runs the risk of improper handling & breakage, thus posing a threat to the environment. Other materials contained in the electronic waste such as glass, metals and plastic also adversely affect the environment when disposed-off in landfills.
How can I return my end-of-life devices to the company?
There are various options available to you to return your end-of-life electronic devices to the Company through our various Collection Schemes. We also provide pickup of E-waste from your location. We also have e-waste collection points in various states. You can deposit your electronic waste at a collection point near your location. To know about your nearest collection point, dial our Toll Free Helpline 1800-121-9575.
Does the Company offer any incentive to the consumer who returns the end-of-life electronic equipment to the company?
Ensuring safe disposal of end-of-life electronic devices should be the responsibility of each and every citizen of the country. A cleaner and greener environment is in the interest of all of us and our children. However, the Company does offer a buy back amount on an end-of-life printer. Alternately, you can get a discount on purchase of any new product of the company in return for an end-of-life printer. The Buyback or Exchange amount is determined after evaluation of the condition of used device.
What does the Company do with the end-of-life electronic devices?
The Company follows a stringent mechanism to dismantle and recycle the E-waste in a safe and secure manner. E-waste collected at our various collection points is channelized to our authorized E-waste Recyclers who then dismantle and recycle the end-of-life device in an organized environment following all Government norms and procedures. The entire process ensures that not even a trace of electronic waste goes into landfills.